Position: Performance Physiotherapist/Athletic Performance Coach
Location: TeleHealth, Performance Centre, Kiama, Woonona
Qualifications: Bach. of Physiotherapy & Mast. of Exercise Science (Strength & Conditioning)
Professional Achievements and Accreditations:
- NRL Rehabilitation Physiotherapist to St George Illawarra Dragons (2017 – 2019)
- Head Physiotherapist ACT/NSW Men’s Comets Cricket Team – Futures League (2016 – 2017)
- Australia Under 15’s Female Physiotherapist (2017)
- ACT/NSW Country Under 15/17’s Pathway Physiotherapist (2016 – 2017)
- Level 1 Sports Physiotherapist
- APA Member
- Rehabilitation of individuals for return to sports following acute or chronic musculoskeletal injury – shoulder, Achilles and hamstring injuries
- Acute and chronic shoulder injuries – Coordinator for the ‘Cuff Strong’ Program
- Facilitating return to full function for upper body limb injuries
- Return to run rehabilitation following lower body injuries
Liam’s primary aim as a physiotherapist is to enable people to return to full function following injury. This is regardless of whether their aim is to return to sport, work or their favourite hobbies. He is passionate about ensuring people receive a high standard of care, whilst considering client’s goals and current life balance. Having worked in all levels of sport over the years (amateur, semi and elite), he has had the opportunity to work with people of all ages. These opportunities have resulted in Liam seeing many injuries commonly occurring within specific sports, which include rugby league, rugby union, Australian Rules football and cricket.
Reducing the risk of re-injury is another area that Liam is passionate about. Having completed his Masters in Strength and Conditioning, Liam believes clients should continue with ongoing maintenance programs after returning to full health. He believes musculoskeletal injury rehabilitation not only involves returning to full function, it also includes reducing the risk of subsequent injury.
Away from work, you will find Liam attempting to surf (having been born in Canberra made it challenging), going to the gym or camping within the wonderful areas of the Illawarra and surrounds.